Women Ethnic Wear For Every Occasion
There are many things to consider when shopping for ethnic wear. Finding the right fit, deciding on a style that matches your lifestyle and selecting a colour that complements you all play into finding the perfect outfit. That's where Pothys comes in! At Pothys we make it our mission to provide women a variety of elegant and charming outfits for every occasion.
Pothys is one of the leading saree stores in India with a wide range of ethnic wear for women. Pothys sarees are available in a variety of fabrics like silk, cotton, and linen. You can also find a wide range of Pothys salwar kameez, lehengas, and dupattas.
Pothys ethnic wear is perfect for every occasion, whether it is a wedding, party, or festival. Pothys sarees are available in a variety of designs and colours to suit every taste. You can also find matching blouses and accessories at Pothys to complete your look.
So if you are looking for ethnic wear for women, Pothys is the place to shop. With a wide range of options available, you are sure to find something that you will love.
Top 10 Pieces of Ethnic Wear Every Woman Should Own
- Sarees: A saree is a must-have in every Indian woman’s wardrobe. They are not only comfortable but also extremely stylish. You can opt for a traditional saree or go for a more contemporary look with a printed or embroidered saree.
- Kurtas and Kurtis: Kurtas and kurtis are another essential in Indian ethnic wear. They are available in a variety of fabrics, colors, and designs to suit every taste. You can wear them as casual wear or dress them up for a more formal occasion.
- Salwar Kameez: The salwar kameez is another popular choice of Indian ethnic wear. It is comfortable and easy to carry off, making it ideal for everyday wear. You can choose from a wide range of colors, fabrics, and designs to find the perfect salwar kameez for you.
- Lehenga Cholis: Lehenga cholis are the ultimate choice for Indian weddings and other special occasions. They are available in a variety of colors, fabrics, and designs to suit your taste and budget.
- Dupattas: A dupatta is an essential accessory to complete your look when wearing an Indian outfit. They are available in a variety of colors, fabrics, and designs to match your outfit perfectly.
- Stoles: A stole is another must-have accessory for Indian women. They are available in a variety of colors, fabrics, and designs to suit your taste. You can wear them as a scarf or wrap them around your shoulders for a more formal look.
- Jewelry: Indian women love to accessorize their outfits with beautiful jewelry. You can choose from a wide range of earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings to add a touch of elegance to your look.
- Bindis: A bindi is another essential accessory for Indian women. They are available in a variety of colors, designs, and sizes to suit your taste. You can wear them on your forehead or on any other part of your body as per your preference.
- Bangles: Bangles are an important part of Indian culture and are worn by women of all ages. They are available in a variety of materials, colors, and designs to suit your taste. You can wear them on their own or stack them up for a more dramatic look.
- Footwear: Indian women love to flaunt their beautiful feet with stylish footwear. You can choose from a wide range of sandals, flats, heels, and other footwear to complete your look.
How to Dress adequately for different occasions
When it comes to ethnic wear, Indian women are spoilt for choice. With so many different types of clothing available, it can be difficult to know what to wear for different occasions. Here is a guide to help you choose the right outfit for any occasion:
Weddings: Weddings are probably the most common occasion where you will need to dress in ethnic wear. For a traditional Indian wedding, you can never go wrong with a beautiful saree or lehenga. If you want something a little more contemporary, you could try a fusion look with a lengha skirt and crop top.
Festivals: India is home to so many different festivals, and each one has its own unique style of dress. For example, at Holi you would traditionally wear white clothes to symbolise purity, while at Diwali brighter colours are usually worn to signify joy and happiness. Of course, you can always experiment with your look and go for something that reflects your personal style.
Parties: Whether it’s a birthday party, engagement party or just a night out with friends, dressing up in ethnic wear is always a good idea. Again, there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to partywear – just make sure you pick something that makes you feel confident and comfortable. A colourful kurta or sequined dress is always a winner.
Work: Many Indian women opt to wear ethnic clothing even when they’re at work . If you want to stay true to tradition, a simple salwar kameez or cotton saree is a great option. However, if you’re looking to make more of a fashion statement, you could try pairing a printed kurta with trousers or a skirt.
Questions You Should Ask Yourself when Choosing Ethnic Wear
When it comes to ethnic wear, there are a few key questions you should ask yourself in order to ensure you're choosing the right outfit for the occasion. Here are a few of those questions:
- What is the occasion?
- What is the dress code?
- How formal or informal do I want to look?
- What colours will best suit the occasion?
- What style of ethnic wear will best suit me?
- Do I want to go for a traditional look or something more modern?
- What kind of fabrics do I want to choose from?
- How much am I willing to spend on this outfit?
Answering these questions honestly will help you narrow down your choices and make it easier to find the perfect ethnic wear for any occasion!