An ideal wedding dress is a dream for every bride. The Lehenga is a traditional ensemble that has been trending in recent times. There are different types of lehengas from which you can choose. While choosing lehenga for your wedding reception, there are some things that you need to keep in mind. Such as:
Color - Choose a color that will suit you perfectly
· Very Fair Complexion: If you have a fair skin tone, opt for bright or dark shades such as blue, red, pink and orange. You can also experiment with shades like white and cream. Avoid grey and brown shades.
· Fair Complexion: Avoid neutral shades and go for shades such as cream and other pastel colors. Shades of yellow, blue and light pink look gorgeous too!
· Wheatish Complexion: Most colors suit best on people who have wheatish complexion. Go for colors that complement your skin tone such as red, fuchsia, maroon, neon shades and greens.
· Dusky Complexion: Classic blues, bronze, silver, metallic shades & brick red are colors that will look perfect on you. Avoid bright shades like neons.
· Slim: Thin/Slim brides can go for heavy / fluffy lehengas with many choli patterns such as backless choli, deep neck choli and netted shoulder choli or one-sided choli. Zari work & zardosi work are some options that you can look for at your lehenga.
· Hourglass Shape: This is the perfect body shape that can pull off any lehenga. Materials like velvet and georgette with any type of cut are best suited on this body type. A-line cut and fish cut also looks lovely on this shape!
· Heavy on top: Lehengas with jacket and layering at the top using jewelry or dupattas are the best for this body shape. Go for straight and cuts that are simple and preferably small prints.
· Curvy: Go for long top s and fluid fabrics. For these shapes avoid pleated or flared clothing and go for sharara cut lehengas or bold prints in single colors.